We are seeking a Mid-level Software Engineer in Chantilly, VA, to support our Department of Defense (DoD) / Intelligence Community (IC) customers as part of a highly talented, highly motivated and high-performing team. As part of the engineering team you will support an exciting program which involves design, development, test and deployment of an exciting and complex systems in an Agile construct to contribute to mission success for a variety of stakeholders. Join us and be part of the next generation of innovators as we blaze a trail forward for our profession and company.
- Transform customer requirements into a technologically advanced, high-performing software architecture within program technical, schedule, and cost constraints supporting our DoD and IC customers Work with emerging service and distributed computing technologies for satellite data processing and distribution as a member of our software development/systems integration teams supporting our DoD and IC customers.
- Work in a high-performance environment using Agile Software Development processes to support system design, architecture, application deployment, and application maintenance.
- Perform backlog grooming and sprint planning, developing and reviewing code, updating technical documents, generate unit tests, ensuring code meets requirements through unit testing, and resolving discrepancy reports.
- Develop, install and configure software components or algorithms in a cloud-based environment/framework.
- Work with the Scrum Master, Product Owner, and other scrum team members to ensure successful integration with other software components.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or related field, equivalent experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- You have 3-7 years experience with software design and development experience with service-oriented architectures to include web services, and JMS publish/subscribe messaging, micro-service and distributed computing technologies.
- You have significant experience with modern Java development including Java 11+ and common Java frameworks such as Spring Boot 2.3+ and Apache Camel 3.4+.
- You have experience in Python 3.x, Bash 4.x, and other languages. Knowledge of modern C++, Go, or Kotlin is a plus.
- You have significant experience interfacing with relational databases such as PostgreSQL 10+, and MariaDB 10+, non-relational approaches such as Redis 5+ and MongoDB 4.x, and developing applications for virtual or cloud-based environments.
- You have experience developing software on Linux systems, typically RedHat Enterprise Linux 7 or 8.
- You have experience collaborating with external developers and integrating their components into a larger framework.
- You have experience developing with containers and deploying to Kubernetes 1.18+ using Helm 3.x. Familiarity with Rancher 2.x or OpenShift 4.x.
- Experience with network architectures including IPv4, IPv6, network switches, firewalls, TCP/IP (socket) applications, and higher-level protocols such as HTTPS, HTTPS/2, GRPC, etc.
- You have experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines.
- You have experience working within a team environment using Agile/DevSecOps methods and tools, to include Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, GIT, Maven, and Gitlab.
- You have experience implementing cybersecurity hardened solutions. Familiarity with TLS and PKI
- You have a current Security+ certification (or other equivalent technical certifications) or are able to attain one within 6 months of employment