We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer in Chantilly, VA to support our Intelligence Community customer as part of a highly talented, highly motivated and high-performing team. You will support an important program as part of the systems engineering team which involves analysis, engineering, test, deployment, cybersecurity, and operations of an exciting, complex system in an Agile construct to contribute to mission success for a variety of stakeholders.
- Design software using industry standard design patterns and best practices
- Work with the system engineering team to understand customer business needs and priorities
- Define software requirements, both functional and non-functional, as high-level epics, features and user stories to support scaled agile framework methodology
- Develop prototypes to support product and/or technology evaluations
- Develop automated unit and integration tests that can be incorporated into continuous integration (CI)/continuous development (CD) pipeline.
- Provide production and operational support, as needed, to ensure deployed software meets functional and non-functional requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM discipline, preferably in Computer Science, Information Systems or Computer Engineering and 8+ years of relevant experience. However, equivalent experience in lieu of a degree will be considered.
- Experience developing service-based solutions using the Java technology stack, building REST-based services (Spring MVC, Spring Boot, etc.), and deploying in a container-based microservices architecture (Docker, Spring Boot, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Experience in enterprise software system modernization efforts
- Experience in cloud-based environments including the development of software that supports architectures that involve public/hybrid clouds
- Experience developing and deploying software systems in an incremental manner using the scaled agile framework methodology
- Experience developing high volume, highly available, and secure software systems
- Experience with static code analyzers (CAST, HP Fortify, SonarQube, etc.)
- Experience with/modifying legacy systems
- Demonstrable competency in at least one procedural and one object oriented language
- Experience with built in functional and unit testing, developing in a test driven manner
- Experience in automated testing