The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has a continuing requirement for Secure Enterprise Network Systems, Services, & Support (SENS3) for the continued operations and maintenance and evolution of the Homeland Secure Data Network (HSDN) and the Classified Local Area Network (C-LAN).
This position will specifically support the Homeland Identities, Targeting and Exploitation Center (HITEC) program. HITEC maintains a non-attributed network entitled DHS Enterprise Forensic Exploitation Network and Data Repository (DEFENDR). DEFENDR is a dirty/Malware network system. This position will provide support for maintaining and enhancing the DEFENDR infrastructure as well as the day to maintenance and helpdesk support for trouble shooting the malware and forensic applications on the workstations connected to DEFENDR. Knowledge of working with and maintaining a dirty/malware network using innovative technology. Experience in implementing and supporting high end Data Storage.
- Operate and maintain virtual environments technologies. Areas to cover are Hyper-V and VMware on/off-premises.
- Perform quality control checks, ensuring the effectiveness and reliability of the systems, tools, and products.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining detailed documentation of operational procedures.
- Create to develop new technical solutions and systems to meet customer requirements.
- Must demonstrate expert knowledge of and ability to apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts using Microsoft HyperV, Microsoft Server and VMWare VCenter Server, GPO’s, Domain Controllers, Active Directory Services.
- Demonstrate day-to-day adherence with change management precepts and practices and is responsible for writing Change Requests and seeking approval.
- Troubleshoot and resolve unique or complex problems in an efficient manner.
- Prepare clear and timely technical documentation that explains recommended/required actions.
- Interface directly with the client and parallel teams when necessary.
- Apply DISA STIGs and resolve security vulnerabilities.
- Support operational transition of enterprise solutions into production.
- Requires BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Master’s with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience; additional experience in lieu of degree accepted. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Minimum of five years of relevant IT work experience.
- Perform hardware and software technology refreshes, ensuring milestone compliance.
- Proficient understanding of technology areas such as Hyper-V technology and VMware VCenter, in addition to Windows 10 OS.
- Fundamental understanding Image creation, maintenance, testing and deployment.
- Hands-on experience implementing DoD STIG requirements and patch and update/vulnerability mitigation.
- Proficient with troubleshooting Window 10 OS computing environment
- Hands-on experience with reviewing system logs and events to resolve issues.
- Demonstrated analytical approach to solve complex problems in a large-scale, and multi datacenter environment.
- Develop and provide solutions to complex technical issues and problems that impact testing and production computing enclaves.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage data backup and recovery evolutions as required.
- Experienced with creating and managing critical system work instruction and Standard Operating Procedure documentation.
- Experience with creating and managing Active Directory, Group Policy Objects, MS Server Operating systems
- Experience using HyperV, VMware, Linux, SCCM
- Active Top Secret/SCI Clearance