We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer in Chantilly, VA to support our Intelligence Community customer as part of a highly talented, highly motivated and high-performing team. As part of the Software Engineering team you will support an exciting program which involves design, development, test, and deployment of an exciting and complex system in an Agile construct to contribute to mission success for a variety of stakeholders.
We are a next generation national security company focusing on delivering the next breakthrough. Our teams are comprised of world class engineers who provide outstanding capabilities within the Space Domain that will leave lasting impacts on our clients and transform our industry. We use the most cutting-edge technology to provide innovative solutions as we tackle the most challenging obstacles head on by thinking differently and having a tremendous drive to succeed.
- Work with emerging service and distributed computing technologies for satellite data processing and distribution as a member of our software development/systems integration teams supporting our DoD and IC clients.
- Participate in software and algorithm design, development, and integration efforts.
- Develop, install and configure software components or algorithms in a virtualized environment/framework.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field. However, equivalent experience in lieu of a degree will be considered.
- You have 8+ years of verifiable, related experience; primarily developing with Java.
- Software design and development experience with cloud architecture to include using containers (Docker).
- Experience in Spring Framework.
- Experience developing software on Unix-based operating systems such as RedHat Enterprise Linux.
- Able to think creatively and operate in a collaborative, fast-paced, process-oriented, deadline-driven and sometimes ambiguous environment with little supervision.
- Able to express yourself confidently, concisely, and accurately through written and oral communications.
- Experience in developing Microservices using Spring Boot
- Experience using Kubernetes as a developer
- Experience using AWS as a developer
- Experience in using build/deploy tools such as Jenkins and Ansible
- Experience collaborating with external developers and integrating their components into a larger framework.
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Background in physics, mathematics, or aerospace.