We drive missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world’s leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. We serve as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our 22,000 employees do the can’t be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.
We are seeking a UX/UI Designer/Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in McLean, VA. The qualified applicant will become part of our Department of State (DOS) Consular Systems Modernization (CSM) Program, for the Bureau of Consular Affairs (CA). This initiative is intended to modernize and consolidate the operational environment under a common technology framework in order to better support the services provided to CA’s customers.
As part of the modernization program, the UX/UI Designer/Engineer will be responsible for a wide range of engineering activities and associated work products including user research and design exercises, product wireframe development, and prototype development following a user-centered design approach.
- Ability to understand both customer and end user requirements in an operational environment
- Execute user-centered design approach to develop UX/UI solutions
- Facilitate the customer’s product vision by conceiving, sketching, and prototyping experiences for digital products
- Conduct user research and design exercises, such as field observations, user interviews, focus groups, brainstorming sessions, ethnographic research, contextual inquiry, design studios, and card sorting
- Translate research data into user flows, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences
- Define the information architecture, design system, design patterns, page layouts/templates, and user interface components for ConsularOne customer and user-facing web applications
- Develop adaptive and responsive UX/UI wireframes for web-based applications (Adobe Create Suite, Axure, Balsamiq, etc.)
- Develop UX/UI solutions that are compliant with 508 and US Web Design System (USWDS) standards
- Level III: Bachelor's degree and at least five years’ experience
- Level IV: Bachelor's degree and at least nine years’ experience
- Experience in developing adaptive and responsive UX/UI solutions for software development projects that specialize in web and mobile-based applications
- Experience in developing UX/UI solutions that are compliant with 508 and US Web Design System (USWDS) standards
- Experience modernizing enterprise software systems (web and mobile-based)
- Experience conducting user research and design exercises, such as field observations, user interviews, focus groups, brainstorming sessions, ethnographic research, contextual inquiry, design studios, and card sorting
- Background in Agile Software Development, specifically experience in developing detailed user stories to include precise and descriptive acceptance criteria
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Experience developing UX/UI solutions within an Agile SAFe environment
- Experience defining the information architecture, design system, design patterns, page layouts/templates, and user interface components for highly visible web applications
- Experience with Salesforce