Seeking a talented and motivated Linux System Administrator to join our team that is passionate about technology and our customers' mission! As a Linux Administrator, you will have the opportunity to support Defense and Intelligence Community projects by using emerging technologies and industry best practices. This position will support a dynamic, challenging and engaged Special Operations customer with the development, integration, and maintenance of commercial and government software platforms within the larger framework of governmental enterprise software solutions.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual with a solid IT background that wants to help us drive our customer and company missions forward. A successful candidate must be comfortable working on both large and small development teams of varying skill levels within a multi team environment. The candidate must be self-starting, able to work well within a team environment and motivated to deliver innovative capabilities that directly impact national security.
- Perform high-level, day-to-day operational maintenance, support, and upgrades for complex operating systems, workstations and servers.
- Coordinate, direct and perform complex software installations, upgrades, and patching to operating systems and layered software packages.
- Troubleshoot complex issues between hardware and software components
- Schedule installations and upgrades maintain them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures.
- Continually monitor and tune multiple systems to achieve optimum performance levels.
- Ensure workstation server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions of varying complexities.
- Plan and implement the modernization of servers.
- Implement and promote standard operating procedures and schedules.
- Conduct hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
- Infrastructure support for the Open Stack environment
- Bachelor's degree and 5 years of experience with systems administration
- 5+ years of experience with the following:
- Linux administration: RedHat, CentOS, Debian Ubunto, etc.
- Networking protocols: DNS, HTTP, LDAP, SMTP, SNMP, SSSD, etc.
- Scripting languages: Shell, Perl, Python, etc.
- Experience with Ansible
- Relational databases: MySQL, HadoopDB, etc.
- Storage Area Networks
- Familiarization with cloud technologies (IasS, SaaS, PaaS): Azure, AWS, OpenStack
- Containerization: Docker, LXC
- Familiarization with DevOps processes and tooling
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills for stakeholder briefings and documentation
- Linux / Unix certifications (RHCT, RHCSA, etc.)
- Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, ITIL Foundations