Looking for a talented and motivated Junior Software Engineer that is passionate about technology and the mission of our customers to join our team! This individual will work as part of an agile software development team to translate real-world needs into technical specifications making them an integral part of delivering customer focused engineering solutions.
We support our U.S. Army customers in their efforts to develop new geospatial technologies and modernize legacy intelligence systems. Our efforts have contributed to the Army’s ability to project more accurate and timely intelligence to the forward-deployed soldier.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual with a solid software engineering background that wants to help us drive our customer and company missions forward. Candidate must be self-motivated, a quick learner, and able to balance simultaneous tasks to keep pace with our team of high performers.
- Operate as a critical Agile Scrum Team Member
- Participate in the customer defined development plan producing work products to support processes as needed
- Support the continuous improvement of the software development process through the performance of root cause analysis (CI/CD)
- Design, development, implementation and maintenance of systems, software, custom applications, and data integration solutions with a focus on desktop, web-based, and cloud-based applications.
- BS Degree in GIS, Computer Science, Engineering or related technical fields
- Significant professional experience also considering in lieu of a four-year degree
- Experience working in an Agile development environment (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, SAFe)
- Familiarity with CI/CD principles and practices
- Familiarity with source control practices and software such as GitHub and SourceTree
- Practical experience with multiple of the following concepts and/or technologies:
- Containerization (Docker, Kubernetes, Puppet)
- Cloud services (AWS, Azure, OpenStack)
- Comfortable in both Linux and Windows environments
- Security+ certification
- Must have the analytical and interpersonal skills to elicit and document business, functional, and technical requirements
- Ability to troubleshoot a wide variety of technical issues
- Ability to work as a team member in a fast-paced deadline-oriented environment
- Ability to understand and interpret business application and is responsible for developing application and products to fulfill those responsibilities