Seeking a Mid-Level Systems Engineer in our Chantilly, VA office in support of our Department of Defense (DoD) / Intelligence Community as part of a highly talented, highly motivated and high-performing team. As part of the systems engineering team you will support an exciting program which involves design, development, test, and deployment of an exciting and complex system in an Agile construct to contribute to mission success for a variety of stakeholders. Join us and be part of the next generation of innovators as we blaze a trail forward for our profession and company.
- Work closely with DoD/IC customer and stakeholders throughout system lifecycle in development, integration & test, deployment, and operations of a highly sophisticated ground system architecture.
- Help build mission-critical, highly available, high-performance networked systems in a team-oriented environment.
- Develop systems engineering-related documentation to include operational concept, requirements, specifications, interface control documents, and validation & verification plans.
- Conduct system planning and design for expansion of these resources to meet program needs.
- Support ground system related trade studies.
- You hold a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or related field.
- You have 3-7 years of experience in a Systems Engineering related field
- You have experience working with Linux-based operating systems, scripting languages for task automation, and system configuration automation software (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc..).
- You have experience in system integration and testing, and system configuration of networked services, file systems, and authentication experience.
- You have operating System administration skills for Red Hat 7.x to include building systems up from bare metal, performing software package installation, operating system and application troubleshooting, and implementing security hardening.
- You have experience working with Windows and Linux operating systems.
- You have experience with distributed computing technologies.
- You have experience with virtualization/ cloud-based technologies (e.g. OpenStack, Citrix XenServer Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization, and/or VMWare), Docker Containers, Ansible, and Heat templates.
- You have experience with front end processing and network gateway appliances and /or software.
- You can express yourself confidently, concisely, and accurately through written and oral communications.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with management, the customer and tenants across DoD.
- You are detail/ process oriented, can multi-task, and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- You have experience in designing, developing, and integrating a complete satellite ground system to include infrastructure, processing frameworks, and software components.
- You have familiarity with any or all of the following, preferably in a satellite ground system context: Object-oriented development practices and processes, open architecture systems, distributed computing technologies, web services, SOA, networking technologies, requirements management tools, scripting, automated test tools, modeling and simulation, and/or security certification and accreditation processes.
- Active TS/SCI with Full Scope Polygraph