Seeking a Mid-level Information Assurance Engineer in Chantilly, VA to support our Department of Defense (DoD) and Intelligence Community customers as part of a highly talented, highly motivated and high-performing team. As part of the engineering team you will support an exciting program which involves design, development, test, and deployment of an exciting and complex system in an Agile construct to contribute to mission success for a variety of stakeholders. Join us and be part of the next generation of innovators as we blaze a trail forward for our profession and company.
- Provide expertise in the maintenance, support and enhancement of the Information Technology (IT) security framework, network infrastructure, software applications/tools, operational processes, and control documentation.
- Develop security requirements and conduct security activities to support coding, testing, installation, certification, and deployment for cloud-based and ground-based environments to include migration of some customer systems to the cloud environment.
- Develop and maintain the program System Security Plan (SSP), Security Control Traceability Matrix (SCTM), and other Test and Accreditation Package (TAP) artifacts in accordance with Risk Management Framework documentation.
- Secure system configurations and install security tools, scan systems in order to determine compliancy, and report results.
- Conduct vulnerability assessments, develop risk mitigation strategies, and provide continuous monitoring of system assets.
- Support security planning, execution, report of findings, and resolution of findings for and during system testing.
- Provide support to management and the customer for program Information Assurance matters.
- Provide Information Assurance (IA) expertise, develop, and maintain security accreditation documentation to support program Authorization and Accreditation (A&A) in accordance with Department of Defense Instruction (DoDI) 8510.01 and Intelligence Community Directive (ICD) 503.
- Perform duties as an Information System Security Officer (ISSO) in accordance with the DoD Joint Special Access Program Implementation Guide (JSIG)
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, engineering, or a related technical field.
- You are Department of Defense Directive (DoDD) 8140, Cyberspace Workforce Management, Baseline certified, or working towards certification to achieve within six months.
- You have 3-7 years of related experience in IT security planning, monitoring, and implementation.
- You have 3-7 years of experience in Linux and Windows systems, IT and Networking Infrastructure.
- You have experience and are familiar with ICD-503, Committee on National Security Systems Instruction (CNSSI 1253), and the JSIG
- You have experience in cybersecurity risk management, requirements analysis, design, test, and certification.
- You can express yourself confidently, concisely, and accurately through written and oral communications.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with management, the customer and tenants across DoD.
- You are detail/process oriented, can multi-task, and can work with minimal supervision.
- You are familiar with current DoD/IC systems and doctrine, with an emphasis on Cross Domain Solutions, Cloud security, network/system security, and tactical and joint C4I systems.
- You are familiar with any or all of the following commercial technologies, system security tools, and processes: Splunk, ACAS/NESSUS, SOA, Web Services, OpenStack, Docker Containers, LDAP, SSL, and/or networking protocols
- Active TS/SCI with Full Scope Polygraph