1471- Staff Cyber Software Engineer
Annapolis Junction, Maryland
TS/SCI with Full Scope Polygraph
- Design or implement complex algorithms requiring adherence to strict timing, system resource, or interface constraints; Perform quality control on team products
- Implement recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Oversee one or more software development teams and ensure the work is completed in accordance with the constraints of the software development process being used on any particular project
- Confer with system engineers and hardware engineers to derive software requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces
- Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure operational specifications are met
- Seeking an experienced enterprise software developer to work as part of a team to:
- Review policy objects.
- Create new or modify existing software to execute policies.
- Review and test software components to ensure adherence to policies.
- Analyze test results, report defects and assist in their understanding.
- Perform code peer reviews.
- Fourteen (14) years experience as a SWE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. 4 years of additional SWE experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
- The ideal candidate will be an organized, detail oriented, self-starter with the ability to quickly and efficiently grasp and apply new concepts.
- Object oriented software development experience working in a team environment.
- 3+ years of Java programming experience
- Object oriented programming proficiency: encapsulation, abstraction, inheritance, and polymorphism
- Software development lifecycle processes experience in and enterprise environment
- CM tools experience: Subversion, Git
- 1+ year of Linux command line experience
- Demonstrated written communications skills and MS Office proficiency to document test plans, status and results
- Analytical skills to perform problem evaluation
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to include experience collaborating with system engineers, tester and operators
- Scripting experience (BASH, Python, Perl etc.) to improve productivity
- Programming experience in any of the following: C, Assembly, Lua
- Experience maintaining VMware virtual machines to include machine and account creation/ deletion and collaboration with System Administrators to resolve connectivity issues
- Experience with collaboration tools: Jira – Atlassian, Confluence
- TS/SCI with Full ScopePolygraph