Seeking an Exchange System Administrator to support a large enterprise IT contract for the DOD. This role requires an individual with subject matter expertise administering Exchange and email retention systems within a physical and virtual server environment.
Duties include examining incidents and problems and suggesting and implementing appropriate corrective action to initiate a repair or return to service. These include maintaining systems for email journaling, archiving, and eDiscovery on local and cloud platforms. The individual will provide systems and software operations and maintenance support in a large, multi-enclave enterprise environment.
- Remotely log into servers in order to perform technical software configuration, rebooting, and other remedial actions.
- Provide implementation, troubleshooting, maintenance, and monitoring support for physical and virtual servers.
- Collaborate with peers and other service lanes to perform network latency analysis to address slow connections and user experience issues.
- Lead effort to collect data, conduct analysis, develop, and implement solutions associated with incident tickets and requirements.
- Establish and maintain comprehensive availability and capacity management solution using lessons learned and best business practices
- Provide follow-up reports for root cause analysis, operational assessment and process improvement initiatives.
- Support customer requirements in a 24/7/365 environment.
- Update operations and monitoring documentation for 24/7/365 Operations Watch personnel.
- Supporting issues related to group mailboxes and distribution lists.
- Managing and operating email routing devices and services (like McAfee, Proofpoint and Edge devices).
- Perform day-to-day management and administration for Exchange Online system within an Office 365 hybrid/cloud environment.
- Manage, maintain, and troubleshoot email retentions systems utilizing Veritas Enterprise Vault.
- Managing roles and services, user permissions, email queues, and dynamic distribution groups.
- Implementation of Exchange PowerShell to fulfill automation tasks
- The candidate must have Bachelor’s Degree with 8+ years (12 years of additional experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor's degree) or a Master’s Degree with 6+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Candidate must, at a minimum, meet DoD 8570.11- IAT Level II certification requirements (currently Security+ CE, CCNA-Security, GSEC, or SSCP).
- Experience with interacting with service lanes to handle service inquiries and problems.
- Extensive experience working as a Tier 2 system administrator: familiar with using exchange/vault tools.
- Extensive experience with Office 365 and Microsoft Exchange 2016
- Extensive knowledge of Enterprise Vault solutions to reduce active server storage requirements
- Extensive Experience with Scripting/Automation through Exchange PowerShell or other scripting languages
- Experience troubleshooting issues in a growing environment.
- Time management skills with the ability to work within an IT Service Management/ticketing system (ServiceNow) independently
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills to guide and improve team skill composition.
- Track record of working effectively within a team, and support to peers toward improved processes and results.
- Ability to triage and properly classify incidents and prioritize work efforts accordingly
- Extensive experience with planning, deploying, and documenting patch and configuration updates
- Extensive Knowledge of Disaster Recovery for High Availability for a Large Environment
- Extensive Experience with log reviews, incident analysis, and identification of issue trends
- Experience with server patch management methodologies utilizing SCCM