The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has a continuing requirement for the continued operations and maintenance and evolution of the Homeland Secure Data Network (HSDN) and the Classified Local Area Network (C-LAN). This position will be to setup and maintain network infrastructure (switches, routers, etc...) and their configurations. The position is a self-lead position to not only work network incidents, outage, but the deployment/extension of the network.
- Providing technical support in all areas of networking, such as routers, firewalls, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Evaluating, coordinating and performing installation and/or reconfiguration of hardware and software
- elements of networks.
- Perform day-to-day network sustainment activities. Creating and maintaining network documentation.
- Assist with design, implementation, and integration of network changes.
- IP address management IPAM, switch setup, and network operations support.
- Bachelors degree and 4+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2+ years of prior relevant
- 3 years of experience in maintenance, and operation of large enterprise networks.
- Experience in supporting classified networks.
- Experience with VLAN, routing, IP addressing and sub-netting.
- Experience troubleshooting and configuring IP networks using at least one of the following routing
- methods: BGP, ISIS, OSPF or Static routing.
- Experience with enterprise IP networks using Cisco and/or Juniper routers.
- COMSEC experience or certifications.
- Experience with Solar Winds.
- Experience with both Juniper and Cisco network equipment.
- Experience with F5 load balancing systems.
- Experience with configuring and maintaining firewalls in an enterprise environment.
- Cisco or Juniper certifications.