Seeking a Backend Developer to work within a cross-functional research and development team focused on advancing the state-of-the-art in cyber mission planning and cyber application management.
Telecommute for now. 1-2 days a week on site post pandemic.
- Actively participate in the design, build, test and implementation phases of software components throughout the software development life cycle
- Participate in discussions on requirements analysis, system architecture, code quality and change management controls
- Write and test code, as well as work with other team members to deliver fully functional and tested software
- Participate in troubleshooting and research of software bugs and issues as they are reported
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, or related scientific domain
- 7+ years of software development experience (MS + 5 years, or PhD + 3)
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance
- Proficiency in multiple programming and scripting languages including Java, Python, and bash
- 5+ years experience software development using Java
- 2+ years experience software development using Python
- 2+ years experience relational database development with Postgresql, MySql, Oracle or SQL Server.
- 2+ years experience with software development tools and platforms (Git, Linux, AWS, etc.).
- 2+ years experience with Agile methodologies
- 2+ years experience developing in Linux environments
- 1+ years experience with containerized environments such as Docker or Kubernetes
- Experience with Postgresql
- Familiarity with data serialization technologies such as Apache Avro, Thrift, and Protocol Buffers
- Familiarity with messaging technologies such as Kafka and NSQ)
- Familiarity with RPC frameworks such as gRPC
- Familiarity with graph database concepts
- Ability to iterate and deliver quickly
- Willingness jump in and solve hard problems
- Great communication skills
- Self-driven work ethic
- Experience developing RESTful web services.