The Proposal Manager is primarily responsible for managing and writing proposals in support of company growth goals, Will report directly to the Principal responsible for Strategic Pursuits/Operations. Will work closely with senior leadership, capture/business owners, other proposal managers, engineers, proposal coordinator, and operations staff.
- Provide full lifecycle proposal management, writing support, editing, ensuring compliance, resolving issues, coordinating among key stakeholders, and analyzing solicitations.
- Leads and participates in collaborative sessions to refine win strategy, competitive assessments, and customer pain points or hot buttons.
- Work with proposal coordinator to ensures development and distribution of appropriate proposal-related documentation, including compliance matrices, style guides, outlines, schedules, writing guidance, and kick-off presentations.
- Coordinates with the contracts and pricing staff on cost and contractual volumes to ensure appropriate schedules and inputs.
- Authors appropriate proposal sections and help design graphic concepts.
- Works with the engineering staff to assist in the design of the technical solutions for the proposals;
- Reviews proposal content for compliance and cohesiveness.
- Envisions the entire proposal, ties in the win themes, reviews with the other groups, runs through daily meetings, understands and manages the entire proposal.
- Provide Capture Analysis/Management Support (secondary)
- 5+ years’ experience in Federal Proposal Development.
- Must work well under pressure and able to meet deadlines.
- Strong business acumen, with willingness and ability to learn additional skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage a number of projects simultaneously; able to be hands-on as well as strategic.
- Positive attitude and works well with others.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with all levels of management; ability to project a confident leadership image to peers, subordinates and executive management.
- Exceptional skills in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Proposal Repository Management experience
- Bachelor's Degree or additional years of experience in lieu of degree
- Experience with leading and supporting complex proposals in the DoD, Federal Civilian and Intelligence sectors.
- Experience with video oral proposal presentations.
- Experience using a CRM Tool such as Salesforce
- APMP certification or similar proposal certifications are a plus
- US Citizenship required with the ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance