Seeking an early career Accounting professional who is seeking a long-term opportunity in a dynamic environment. We require a self-starter and motivated professional who likes to learn and take on new responsibilities, has a strong work ethic, detail oriented, and always exhibits professionalism and discretion.
- This position will perform a variety of general accounting support tasks in the accounting/finance department.
- Responsibilities will include but are not limited to traditional general accounting functions such as accounts receivable, accounts payable, customer billing and general ledger accounting.
- Detailed duties include providing customer service support to internal clients, suppliers, and customers.
- Entering data into our accounting system (Unanet); and compiling data and preparing a variety of reports including regulatory compliance such as sales and use tax.
- Other duties include reconciling bank and financial statements/reports, investigating questionable data and recommending actions to resolve discrepancies.
- The staff accountant will verify and post details of business transactions; compile, and sort documents, such as invoices and checks, to substantiating business transactions; and maintain files, including filing of general ledger journal vouchers, accounts payable documentation, and other miscellaneous filings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (or Finance w/ relevant accounting experience).
- Relevant experience (1-3 years) in areas of accounting desired.
- Previous experience in Government Contracting and knowledge of the FAR is a plus.
- Strong computer proficiency, particularly with Microsoft Excel
- Previous experience with accounting software (or specifically Unanet) is a plus, however, on the job training will be provided.
- Superior memory for details and quality orientated.
- Excellent organizational skills, including following established process and assisting with process refinement.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Self-starter, demonstrated initiative and ability to work with minimum supervision
- US Citizen with ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance