The Load Balancing and Traffic Administrator provides technical network administration and operations. This role maintains enterprise network infrastructure to ensure proper configuration, availability, performance, capacity, and maintenance (including application of the latest patches and upgrades). This role monitors technology obsolescence, manages upgrades, and evaluates alternatives across on-premises and cloud IT infrastructures, both virtual and physical as well as ensures normalization.
This role monitors operations and collects and evaluates metrics to manage network services and for inclusion into project KPIs and Service Level Agreements (SLA). This individual performs risk assessment, risk mitigation analysis, vendor trade studies, and appropriate documentation to ensure network services are available according to established Service Level Agreements (SLA). This role ensures continuity of operations including disaster recovery.
GENERAL DUTIES OVERVIEW
•This role is responsible for installation, configuration, administration, support, and maintenance of networks, including associated hardware and cloud resources. Duties include updating to new technologies, tuning performance, and prioritizing the implementation of critical system patches. This infrastructure includes on-premises and cloud resources.
• Develop, collaborate, and implement technical solutions.
• Ensure Secure Socket Layer/Transport Layer Security (SSL/TLS) offloading and brokering PKI authentication features provided by the F5 appliance is operational.
• Ensure load balancing configurations and PKI certificates are backed up; Alert load balancing and reverse proxy customers prior to PKI certificate expiration; Create, manage and troubleshoot load balanced IP address spaces
• Support customer requirements in a 24/7/365 environment.
• Provide general network administration mentoring and training to 24/7/365 personnel; Develop and update technical solutions, operations, and maintenance documentation for 24/7/365 personnel.