The Intelligence group provides high-end systems engineering and integration products and services, data analytics and software development to national and military intelligence customers. Serving federal agencies and the Intelligence Community for more than 50 years, the Intelligence group helps our clients meet their mission needs by providing trusted advisors, leading-edge technologies, and innovative solutions.
GENERAL DUTIES OVERVIEW
Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analysis are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensures logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
The primary responsibility will be to serve as a Request for Change Quality Assurance analyst. The candidate will be a member of the Program’s RFC QA Team, focused on the customer baseline through support to RFC originators and proponents, as well as the Customer Configuration Control Board/Joint Board process. The candidate will also be responsible for maintenance of the CM database used to document and track RFCs throughout the boarding process. The candidate will be the primary technical reviewer of all newly originated documents that are entered into the CM process.
- Providing timely response to the Enterprise regarding CM questions.
- Providing direct support to Customer Configuration Control Boards to assure accurate RFC packages.
- Serving as technical reviewer of all newly originated documents.
- Support CM process/tool improvement activities.
- Coordinating CM efforts with Documentation Team, Quality Assurance Team, Status Accounting Team and Governance Team members.
- Updating and maintaining CM templates and standard operating procedures.
- Assist in preparing Request for Change (RFC) metrics to monitor board approvals.
- Maintaining CM Wizard database to include maintenance of RFCs, modifications, and Additional Change Definitions, as well as report generation.
- Supporting preparation of Requests for Changes (RFC). Review, create, verify, and release RFC concepts, coordination, final, floor modification, and joint modification packages for quality and completeness and provide comments to originators and proponents.
- Answering enterprise CM “hot-line.” Provide answers to inquiries regarding CM policy & procedures, RFC, ECP, and Documentation information, and give various engineering review boards schedule insight.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum of 8 years of System Engineering experience.
- Advanced MS Word skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Customer CM Processes.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Knowledge of the NGA organization and programs.
- Knowledge/experience analyzing impacts from RFCs.
- Knowledge/experience with supporting customer. Ability to work in a Government environment as part of a multi-contractor team.
- Advanced technical degree.
- 2-6 years of experience with NGA CM control processes and procedures.
- Experience with geospatial intelligence systems and/or existing legacy/heritage NSG segments.