GENERAL DUTIES OVERVIEW
The Sponsor has a need for a Systems Engineer who will assist a dynamic team of highly efficient developers. The Systems Engineer will serve as a scrum master to facilitate, monitor & report on all agile activities on the team. This individual will participate in technical exchange meetings with internal and external development teams, interfacing frequently with customers to ensure system support needs are addressed. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Demonstrated experience facilitating technical development team discussions and collaborating with SME's to translate requirements or MVl's into right size stories to be worked in the most efficient manner possible.
- Demonstrated experience with the MS office suite with the ability to prepare technical and nontechnical briefings/presentations for use at the executive level.
- Demonstrated experience multi-tasking in a fast paced and demanding technical environment.
- Demonstrated experience with the agile development methodology to include experience writing user stories in the appropriate format for implementation with appropriate test and acceptance criteria.
- Facilitate Agile project meetings, maintain business rhythm, own and improve the software development process ensuring development impediments are documented and addressed and that full visibility into development work in progress is obtained by all team members
- Provide a technical understanding of relationships, dependencies and requirements of hardware and software components
- Support the technical team with essential IT Operation and reporting activities necessary for deployments and unplanned or planned system outages.
- Demonstrated experience tracking and responding to short turn around project related action items, often technical in nature, soliciting and compiling responses from all parties.
- Developing and maintaining A&A documentation (SSP, Security Test Procedures, Security Controls Traceability Matrix, etc.) and conduct periodic reviews to ensure compliance Attained ATO.
- Knowledge of Agile Methodology
- Knowledge of the requirements tracking tool JIRA and how best to utilize its' functionality in an agile environment
- Demonstrated experience as a systems engineer providing program and project management support, working with team to maintain programmatic, customer engagement, requirements analysis and decomposition of work.
- Requires 10 to 12 years with BS/BA or 8 to 10 years with MS/MA or 5 to 7 years with PhD.
- Active TS/SCI Full Scope Polygraph