Responsible for translating the client’s business requirements into specific systems, applications or process designs for very large complex IT solutions and integrating architecture. Acts as an advocate for the client as the ultimate authority on the architecture designed to address client business problems. Plans, implements, tests, documents, and maintains enterprise-wide solutions to total system or subsystems using internally created and/or off the shelf products. Analyzes and identifies all or part of a company's existing or new peripheral, network, and telecommunications systems requirements, taking into consideration the special technology needs. Establishes functional and technical specifications and standards, solves hardware/software interface problems, defines input/output parameters, and ensures integration of the entire system or subsystem. Provides direction for design activities. Often project-based, sometimes working at customer sites.
GENERAL DUTIES OVERVIEW
The individual selected for this position will support the Customer organization responsible for piloting secure internet solution(s) in support mission requirements; includes providing strategic planning, requirements definition, use case development, architectural design for possible expansion, and governance--including acquisition strategy, operating procedures, and associated costs. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Supporting the Customer in delivering system pilot based on prototype developed by others; defining/refining architecture for expansion, and associated documentation.
- Providing Project Management expertise to ensure successful delivery, deployment and transition of a pilot system for production use.
- Coordinating project documentation with Engineering, Operations, and Mission Partners; ensuring appropriate levels of peer reviews and Engineering Review Board (ERB) review/approvals.
- Documenting and coordinating future technology roadmaps that describe plans to move from "as-is" to "to-be" architecture; document way-forward.
- Assist Engineers in development of documentation in support of network architectures, illustrating and documenting new and existing networks; and architectural and operational guidelines with the appropriate level of abstraction for deployment and operations.
- Work with multiple stakeholders to define requirements and resolve discrepancies between proposed plans and established standards
- Define/refine use cases for pilot
- Define/document roles and responsibilities for project team, stakeholders, and Mission Partners (as applicable)
- Define/refine acquisition strategy based on security constraints
- Must be knowledgeable in supporting programs that rely on inter-system connectivity, where data may move between several system boundaries; identifying, gathering, and coordinating system and interface requirements
- Demonstrated experience managing IT/networking projects of similar scale/scope
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively across organizational boundaries
- Working knowledge of USG network/system capabilities, best practices, and policies/procedures--including cloud and general systems governance
- Ability to illustrate complex technical issues clearly and accurately for consumption by both technical and non-technical audiences--e.g., Network Architectures, drawings, and leading whiteboard technical discussions
- Complex Problem Solving--identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Strong oral and written communications and interpersonal skills
- Experience successfully working in a dynamic, challenging and fast-paced environment
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent years of experience) in related IT/technical discipline Requires 10 to 12 years with BS/BA or 8 to 10 years with MS/MA or 5 to 7 years with PhD.
- Active TS/SCI Full Scope Polygraph