The client provides engineering and technical services to a US federal government agency that in turn provides cyber infrastructure protection for U.S. Civilian Government agencies, State and Local government, and U.S. critical infrastructure. Our effort includes solution planning and engineering, defining requirements, development target architectures, interoperability and integration, system testing, verification and validation, studies and analysis, post-deployment security validation, and project risk management. You are joining a highly technical team of Architects and Solution Engineers to help our customer develop technical expertise and capacity, while also collaborating across the entire enterprise on key engagements. Our Architects will deliver proof-of-concept solution engineering across the program and support engagements that focus on web applications, enterprise applications, HPC, batch processing and big data, archiving and disaster recovery. You will also contribute to the customers’ Enterprise Architecture of current and emerging cybersecurity systems, policies, and processes to enforce standards and identify vulnerabilities and capability gaps, and reduce cybersecurity risk of our nations networks.GENERAL DUTIES OVERVIEW
- In this role, you will report directly to the Chief Architect.
- You will interface directly with government stakeholders to provide solutions engineering, tradeoff analysis, and feasibility assessments for a wide variety of cloud based projects, providing collective experience from across the customer base.
- You are accountable for planning and working with the Engineering team to analyze, define and engage a comprehensive cloud platform hosting roadmap, including relevant performance measures, addressing issues and challenges, future plans for change and opportunities for improvements.
- You will examine enterprise level usage characteristics for potential systems, and propose alternatives that meet requirements.
- You will assist in creating test systems in cloud infrastructure.
- You will draw on your experience with commercial cloud providers (e.g, AWS, Azure) to facilitate strategies and roadmaps.
- You will interview stakeholders, document requirements, and create architectural artifacts and can describe the platform roadmap with IT functions and business units.
- The role further acts as a liaison and partner within the Solution Management Team, participating in operational meetings, project delivery, and other forums where Cloud Platform representation is required.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of IT implementation experience
- Knowledge of the primary AWS services (EC2, ELB, RDS, Route53 & S3)
- 3+ years Systems Architecture experience using SysML Architecture tools (e.g., UNICOM Systems Architect, MagicDraw, IBM Rhapsody, etc.)
- Experienced with The Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF)
- Experience driving discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, and risk mitigation
- Hands-on experience developing the solution management and development of technology infrastructure, network, compute, storage, and virtualization.
- Experience in government systems engineering lifecycle (SELC).
- 3+ years integration of cloud services with on premise technologies (e.g. AWS, Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, etc.).
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Familiar with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodologies
- Familiar with IT compliance and risk management requirements (e.g. security, privacy, SOX, HIPAA etc.)
- Strong written, design, and verbal communication skills
- Certified Cloud Architect (AWS/Azure) Familiarity with ZeroTrust concepts as well ITIL
- Certified Systems Architect (EACOE, FEAC, etc.)
- Large scale migration experience Data Center to Data Center and/or Data Center to Cloud
- Conversant with infrastructure automation through DevOps scripting (E.g. shell, Python, Ruby, PowerShell)
- Configuration management using CloudFormation, Chef & Puppet
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
- Broad understanding of cyber security technologies and how they fit in large scale enterprises is preferred
- Past experience working as a consultant with government customers is welcomed
- Armed Services technical personnel are highly welcomed.
- Amazon and Microsoft Cloud certifications are highly welcomed.
- EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training/certification, or work/military experience.