The Intelligence group provides high-end systems engineering and integration products and services, data analytics and software development to national and military intelligence customers. Serving federal agencies and the Intelligence Community for more than 50 years, the Intelligence group helps our clients meet their mission needs by providing trusted advisors, leading-edge technologies, and innovative solutions.
GENERAL DUTIES OVERVIEW
Telecommunications Network (Telephony) Subject Matter Expert (SME)
This position is for a Senior Network Systems Architect (Voice Network & Systems Subject Matter Expert) engineering position to support the design, engineering, architecture and assessment of voice/telephony networks and associated applications; e.g. traditional/legacy voice applications and networks, unified communications, VoIP, over the top voice applications, wireline and mobile networks and associated applications.
The candidate will work individually on technical project teams, and frequently as a lead engineer on technical problems as well as providing Tier III subject matter expertise and operational risk assessments. The candidate will work in an environment that requires the customers’ technical operational problems to be solved with solutions that can be quickly deployed to meeting evolving mission challenges.
- At least 10 years’ experience with designing, configuring and implementing enterprise/carrier-grade TDM and/or VoIP based solutions to include QoS implementation and voice security best practices.
- Experience of Class 4/5 switches, unified communication scheme/systems – converged voice, video and/or data communication over a common infrastructure and VoIP technologies, particularly SIP, H.323, MGCP protocol families and the interworking of these protocols with both emerging and legacy networks.
- A solid foundation in TCP/IP and common LAN/WAN technologies/protocols. Understanding of circuit switched networks and protocols such as ISDN, ISUP, SS7. Experience with Lucent, Nortel, Avaya and Cisco products (or similar)
- Experience with legacy voice mail systems such as Audix, Octel and Aspect ACDs. Experience with Cisco voice solutions such as testing, configuration and administration of voice gateway routers, Unified Communications manager and Unified Communication Manager Express and networks such as GSM, CDMA, UMTS, HSPA, HSPA=, LTE and future Advanced/SG network/protocols.
- Familiar with IP multimedia Subsystems (IMS) architectures or experience designing and implementing IMS based systems define plus.
- Candidate must have strong analytic thinking and problem solving documentation, writing and communication skills to document assessments and technical white papers and position papers.
- An in-depth understanding of customers’ operational environment and mission challenges is extremely important and experience with operation and risk assessments preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required and Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or like field/equivalent work experience desired. Requires 16+ years with BS/BA or 14+ years with MS/MA or 10+ years with Ph.D.
- Active TS/SCI w/ Full Scope Polygraph