This position is for a Network Administrator supporting the ALTESS commercial cloud services infrastructure. ALTESS is a managed service provider for Army and DoD IT systems and plans to offer managed cloud services in Microsoft Azure followed closely by Amazon Web Services.
GENERAL DUTIES OVERVIEW
- Build new cloud based data center services environments for DoD cloud initiatives.
- Assist with identifying and planning potential new cloud services, features, and capabilities.
- Serve as overall subject matter expert on Network Administrator technology and market capabilities/trends.
- Design and implement secure network and application delivery solutions providing high availability to hosted customer applications.
- Troubleshoot issues related to network and application performance to assist in resolving issues impacting hosted applications.
- Collaborate with internal and external parties to transform high-level technical objectives into comprehensive technical requirements.
- Formulate detailed network, storage, and compute design specifications for stable and secure computing operations in a dynamic cloud based environment.
- Make recommendations for improvements to security, scalability, manageability, and performance across a wide variety of network, storage, and compute technologies.
- CompTIA Security+ Certification
- Computing Environment (CE) Certification (i.e., MCSE, Server+, etc.) – can be waived for 30 days after project join date.
- Mid to senior level Network Administrator experience in a cloud environment
- Security+ (Or equivalent IA cert) and computing environment certification (i.e. CCNA, CCNP, etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience effectively managing multiple large-scale projects
- Experience automating routine administrative tasks desired
- Understanding of network, storage, server, and application technologies
- Strong understanding of fundamental network concepts and technologies
- Understanding of common network services (DNS, SNMP, NTP, etc.) and application protocols (HTTP, SSL) – preferred
- Ability to analyze packet captures to troubleshoot common network and application issues
- Strong knowledge of automation concepts, tools, and scripting languages (Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc.)
- Working knowledge of DoD STIGs, and IA Vulnerability Management (IAVM) - preferred