This position is for a Solaris Systems Administrator with 8+ years' experience to build and maintain a growing environment supporting databases and SAP applications. This position will work with the existing UNIX team and the ERP team to manage, maintain, deploy, troubleshoot and support servers for a mixed customer environment.
This position will assist with implementing new system hardware and software, and provide input for developing local operating procedures and policies as needed. This position will need to be adept at monitoring the ongoing operation of the servers and providing utilization reports to identify problems and corrective actions as needed.
- Detailed knowledge and experience with Solaris 10 and Solaris 11 administration, to include shell scripting and networking concepts (VLANs, routing, firewalls, subnetting),
- Familiarity with server virtualization technologies (e.g. VMware, Solaris zones, Solaris Logical Domains)
- Familiarity with SAN/storage concepts (LUNs, HBAs), logical volume management, NFS,
- Working knowledge of OS security best practices and experience with the Secure Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) process
- Experience configuring/managing/updating large groups of servers.
- CompTIA Security+ Certification
- CompTIA Linux+ or RHCSA or RHCE Certification
- Familiarity with Red Hat and with management of Veritas Cluster Services.