The Customer is seeking expertise to assist with cyber investigative efforts, conduct network traffic analysis, support security focused network architecture reviews, assess data pertaining to network intrusions and/or cyber related attacks on customer equities, assess Customer's operational technologies.
GENERAL DUTIES OVERVIEW
- Analyze IP network traffic for security issues as it related to security, technical and operational vulnerabilities and risk.
- Conduct network or networking technology assessments and write assessment reports based on findings
- Cyber analytic experience, specifically familiarity with cyber actor ttps
- Provide insight into latest threats and countermeasures
- Evaluate network operations using network management platforms, auditing functions, and log reviews
- Provide recommendations for end-to-end technical analysis
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned
All personnel coming into customer organization undergoes an additional security review that can take anywhere from 7 business days to 30 days or more.
- Experience working on TCP/IP networking projects and demonstrated experience with cyber security, and/or network security principles
- Experience with troubleshooting, investigating issues associated with IP network products including routers, switches, wireless networking, VPN's, IDS/IPS, Firewalls, Internet-of-Things (IOT) appliances
- Demonstrated experience with communications protocols such as IP, TCP, UDP, MPLS, OPSF, IGRP, BGP
- Knowledge and experience with encryption products, methodologies, configuration
- Knowledge and experience with Network Packet Capture Appliances/ Applications, such as Netwitness, Solera, Probe, Wireshark, Snort
- Knowledge and experience with Network Vulnerability Scanner, Web Scanner, and Database Scanner, such as Nessus, Weblnspect, AppDetective
- Experience with Network Management products such as HP OpenView, Solarwind
- Experience with Anonymous/Privacy Internet capabilities and supporting network architecture
- Experience with Splunk
- Shall work independently with little supervision
- Shall be flexible to support customers located throughout the Washington Metro Area.
- Requires 10 to 12 years with BS/BA or 8 to 10 years with MS/MA or 5 to 7 years with PhD. Equivalency requires substantive experience in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience, plus 7+ years of network/cyber security experience in a secure environment.
- Knowledge of Telephony Systems and VoIP
- Experience with Windows Server (2008R2/2012R2), Windows Workstation (7/8.1), Linux (Redhat/Debian), and OSX operating systems
- Interface with vendors and third-party producers
- One or more of the following Certifications: Ethical Hacker
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Cisco Certified Network Professional, Juniper
- NCSP, or Juniper NCP
- Amazon Cloud Service Certification or similar cloud certification
- Red Hat Certified Security Specialist (RHCSS)
- Active TS/SCI w/ Full Scope Polygraph Security Clearance