As part of the Configuration Management team, you will be responsible for overseeing the engineering review board that acts as the gate for the Change Control Process across the Enterprise. This role supports the customer and Requirements Engineers to ensure all the changes are documented, reviewed, and promoted accurately. This Intelligence Community contract provides secretariat support to the Enterprise level Engineering Review Boards to include compiling and publishing agendas, documentation for adjudication, and preparing/conducting government approved Pre-Briefs. The program is also responsible for establishing, controlling, and maintaining the approved documentation baseline requirements set and engineering artifacts at the both the office and enterprise levels.
GENERAL DUTIES OVERVIEW
- Provide executive support to the Enterprise Review Board, including scheduling meetings, developing agendas, assisting project managers who are on the agenda and assisting the Chair.
- Manage and document the configuration baseline and control process for customer applications, monitor adherence of CM processes throughout development life cycle.
- Reviews configuration change requests and verifies, tracks, and documents configuration changes using the government provided suite of tools.
- Responsible for maintaining Customer's document baseline--including processing of Requests for Change (RFCs), library management, SharePoint folder structure management, and any requests for document audits.
- May train new team members in the use of configuration management tools and the implementation of CM quality standards.
- Responsible to identify areas for process improvement in coordination with the contractor and government team leads.
- Responsible to identify measures that help to communicate trends to senior government personnel.
- Requires 2 to 5 years with BS/BA or 0 to 2 years with MS/MA/MBA or 8 to 10 years with no degree.
- Must have and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance.
- System Engineering or Systems Integration experience.
- Working knowledge of, and demonstrated experience with change management processes (e.g., RFC process, document-based CM).
- Strong analytical skills, critical thinking and ability to develop and recommend solutions for problems/issues.
- Ability to work independently, self-manage, and work within a team environment.
- Good customer teaming skills; ability to collaborate in cross-functional teams.
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Responsible and reliable; follow up on actions and the ability to multitask.
- Space domain knowledge.
- Familiarity with the Intelligence Community, and associated government agencies.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills, and ability to lead technical forums.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Tools.
- A passion for learning, helping others, sharing team knowledge, and contributing value to the mission in any way possible.
Active TS/SCI Security Clearance