As part of the Army Account team, this position leads our clients investment, proposal technical solutions, and provides technical direction and oversite on contracts across sensor development and integration for Army missions, Integrated Sensor Architecture (ISA), advanced Electro-Optical and Infrared (EO/IR) sensor technology, Light Detection and Ranging (LiDAR), laser system technology, and sensor modeling and simulation for aerial and ground intelligence.
GENERAL DUTIES OVERVIEW
- Supporting requirements gathering, design, development, integration of new and existing capabilities in support of Army test and demonstration events
- Preparing, reviewing, and presenting architecture and technical design package deliverables
- Supervising the sensor technical team through the entire lifecycle and support Program Manager and Account Manager in reporting progress and performance
- Ensuring technical solutions and schedules are implemented in a timely manner
- Recommending and enforcing technical work standards, technical tools, schedules, and managing technical risks
- Presenting at conferences and other opportunities to demonstrate thought leadership
- Providing white papers, feasibility and optimization studies, performance models, development labs and technology roadmaps for our customers
- Mentors and supports the professional development of sensor technical staff, including identification or development of internal learning opportunities
- US Citizen eligible for Government Clearance
- Technical Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university/college
- Fifteen years of experience in related scope of work, five of which must have been in a technical leadership position
- Hands on experience and in-depth knowledge of Army sensors
- Hands on experience and in-depth knowledge within the sensor technology field (modeling and simulation, electromagnetic spectrum generation and detection, optics, focal plane arrays, electronic sensors, lasers, imaging systems, signal processing, algorithms)
- Hands on experience and in-depth knowledge of systems engineering
- Proven track record in delivering complex solutions in a government contracting environment.
- Hands on experience and in-depth knowledge in collecting requirements and turning them into designs and action plans.
- Hands on experience and in-depth knowledge in reviewing technical capabilities for use with new requirements.
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Active Top Secret clearance
- Technical Master’s degree or Ph.D. in Engineering, Physics, Optics or related field
- Established relationships with sensor industry partners and Army customers
- Strong understanding of Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
- Thought leader in one or more areas of the sensor technology field (modeling and simulation, electromagnetic spectrum generation and detection, optics, focal plane arrays, electronic sensors, lasers, imaging systems, signal processing, algorithms)
- Published papers or conference presentations in the sensor technology field
- Experience writing technical proposal
Active Interim Secret Security Clearance