Fort George G Meade, Maryland
TS/SCI Full Scope Polygraph
GENERAL DUTIES OVERVIEW
Our team provides an Enterprise level Information Technology system. This system provides the environment for access control and intrusion detection software, and the associated physical, electronic, and technical security elements which make up the Access Control System / Facility Intrusion Detection System (ACS/FIDS). The system has numerous satellite sites outside of the Washington Metropolitan Area. Specific to the Network Administrator role:
- Applicants selected for employment may be subject to a federal background investigation and may need to meet additional eligibility requirements for access to classified information or materials.
- Responsible for preparing various drawings that communicate engineering ideas, designs and information in support of DoD Enterprise infrastructure and specific projects and tasks.
- The Network Administrator assists the Government in overseeing the day-to-day planning, installation, configuration, testing, operation, analysis and documentation of high and low speed networks utilizing common COTS hardware and software.
- Provide network documentation and support as well as establishing and maintaining User accounts, User access privileges and security policies.
- Performs planning, installing, configuring, testing, operating, analyzing and documenting duties.
- Perform scheduled network status checks, troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Plan high and low speed LAN connections
- Implement high and low speed LAN designs
- Plan and implement VPN solutions to include site-to-site VPNs built between hardware-based firewalls
- Manage hardware firmware revisions to include testing latest firmware revisions on current configurations and deploying when deemed appropriate
- Configure common network equipment for operation
- Collaborate with Security System Technicians on connectivity requirements and procedures
- Troubleshoot common network equipment
- Document common network equipment configurations and settings
- Integrate new technologies into existing high and low speed networks
- Audit network component hardware and software changes
- Monitor network performance (availability, utilization, throughput, goodput, and latency) and test for weakness
- Install and troubleshoot common enterprise class network equipment to include firewalls, routers, and switches
- Install/Troubleshoot fiber cross connects to existing backbone cabling
- Work with corporate network team to establish corporate connectivity in order to support VPN connectivity
- Have at least six (6) years of experience in network system /subsystem support and maintenance to include performance of network system/subsystem testing using a Windows based operating system for network connectivity (IP and Domain Name Service (DNS) configuration).
- Have current certification in one of the following: Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or CompTIA Network +.
- Have DoD 8570 compliance with Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II or higher.
Active Top Secret/SCI w/ Full Scope Polygraph Security Clearance