Fort George G Meade, Maryland
TS/SCI Full Scope Polygraph
GENERAL DUTIES OVERVIEW
Our team provides, manages, and operates an Enterprise level system that incorporates Information Technology, access control, intrusion detection, and the associated physical, electronic, and technical security elements. The Database Administrator provides operational support and management of the databases in use by the Physical and Electronic Security systems. Specific to the Database Administrator position:
- Applicants selected for employment may be subject to a federal background investigation and may need to meet additional eligibility requirements for access to classified information or materials.
- Maintains the integrity, security, and availability of database(s)
- Administers, maintains, and implements policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the database(s)
- Organizes and formats data for efficient query and storage processes
- Establishes and maintains database user accounts
- Performs disaster recovery, performance analysis and tuning, index maintenance, and monitoring of data
- Develops policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the database(s)
- Evaluates requirements and recommends available DBMS products
- Performs database and software life-cycle activities to ensure highest level of system performance and availability
- Provides server administration with a variety of database products that include Oracle, SQL Server, and SYBASE
- Supports data modeling activities by way of prototype database implementations
- Directs the monitoring, administrating, and implementing performance on database systems as well as database performance optimization, developing/changing database indices, redesigning database structure and reloading data into a database
- Coordinates database architecture changes with database engineers
- Directs the installation of database management systems, databases, tables and views
- Directs the administration and use of current and emerging database tools, strategies and technologies
- Have at least ten (10) years experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required of which five (5) years experience is required administering Microsoft SQL Server Databases.
- Have DoD 8570 compliance with Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II or higher. Various certifications meet this need.
- Have a bachelors degree in an Information Technology (IT) discipline from an accredited college or university. Four (4) years of additional database administration experience may be substituted for a bachelors degree.
- Obtain certification as a LENEL Certified Expert (LCE) with a concentration in databases obtained within six (6) months of personnel starting on contract.
Active Top Secret/SCI w/ Full Scope Polygraph Security Clearance