The Intelligence group provides high-end systems engineering and integration products and services, data analytics and software development to national and military intelligence customers. Serving federal agencies and the Intelligence Community for more than 50 years, the Intelligence group helps our clients meet their mission needs by providing trusted advisors, leading-edge technologies, and innovative solutions.
GENERAL DUTIES OVERVIEW
The Customer is seeking an experienced Systems Engineer (SE) to provide support for designing, engineering, implementing, and maintaining enterprise quality mission systems, networks, and applications for Cyber related investigations. Responsibilities for this position will focus on:
- engineering, implementing, and maintaining a fault tolerant, highly redundant mission network
- providing technical oversight of a project solution, including requirement interpretation and allocation of requirements to technical components supporting processes to implement requirements
- ensuring that technical solutions leverage industry best practices, designing for security and excellence while minimizing the total cost of ownership
- defining internal and external customer IT infrastructure architecture needs and then provide solution options to meet those needs to include, capacity planning, systems configuration, tuning, monitoring, backups, hardware and software installations
The candidate will be required to work independently with little supervision and should be flexible to work and support IT Operation needs as requested.
- Identify possible technical and/or security problems and provide documented responses
- Support technical requirements management
- Perform complex problem management research and issue resolution
- Assist with day-to-day complex system administration (Windows and Linux) tasks as necessary
- Provide IT operations process improvement recommendations and implementation
- Assist with automation of administrative tasks through scripting
- Function as an inter/intra-group liaison as projects required
- Experience with multiple OS's (Windows, Linux, and OSX)
- Experience with multiple Hypervisors (HyperV, ESX, and VirtualBox)
- Knowledge of Cisco OS (iOS, NexusOS)
- Experience with Windows Management (Active Directory, SCOM, and VMM)
- Familiarity with LAN and WAN deployments
- Experience with Enterprise Backup Solutions (Microsoft DPM, ArcServe Backup Suite)
- Knowledge and experience with the security mission customer
- Knowledge of Storage Area Networks (SAN), including design, provisioning, capacity planning, and maintenance.
- Experience building, configuring and troubleshooting customized forensic workstations
- Experience in the design, engineering, testing, and implementation of migrating Hyper-V virtual machines from Windows 2008 to Windows 2012 R2 cluster Hyper-V environment
- Knowledge of network design (LAN & WAN), including backup systems and disaster recovery architectures (DR).
- Hands on experience with multiple (Windows, Linux, etc.) operating
- Experience evaluating hardware and software products against customer requirements for technical evaluation and potential
- Hands on experience designing, engineering, implementing, and maintaining COTS/GOTS applications.
- Familiarity with Network Monitoring Appliances
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- 12-16 years of directly related experience in system engineering/administration, network analysis and design
- Familiarity with Shell scripting is a plus
- SQL Server experience and familiarity with Oracle 10g/11g, and MySQL is a plus
- Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 10, 2008R2, 2012, 2012R2, 2016, and System Center experience is a plus
- VMware Certified, and Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
- LINUX, ESX, and OSX experience is a plus
- Storage system experience is a
- VMware ESX experience is a plus
- Knowledge of various types of forensic software utilized by the customer
- Experience with HP Servers and HP Blade Chassis is a plus
- Required to provide recommendations in technical standards, security standards, and operational
- Provide recommendations to architecture and design
- Interface with vendors and third party producers
Active Top Secret/SCI w/ Full Scope Polygraph Security Clearance