Provide network and network security design, engineering and support for mission-critical applications and network management, in a managed services provider role for a single customer. Work with the Network and Security Service Delivery Manager, as the Network Lead to assure delivery of a highly available, high quality and secure network. This role will be responsible for the maintenance of the network, while supporting the implementation of new systems, and infrastructure recommendations and upgrades in a dynamic environment. Provide hands-on technical support for WAN, Data Center Networks, proxy, load-balancing and security devices. Interface with key customer contacts, project managers, other service delivery managers and staff, subcontractors, support personnel, and other stakeholders. Directly execute network services projects, and operations activities.
GENERAL DUTIES OVERVIEW
- 24X7 accountability for the customers WAN and Data Center and Cloud networks.
- Designs enterprise-wide infrastructure specifications, configurations and solutions. Possesses a deep understanding of customers enterprise architecture, network hardware, network design, network monitoring tools and vendors.
- Possesses an in-depth knowledge of technology and is able to present and advise the business implications of a particular solution or a change in technological direction. Is able to routinely apply business insights to guide and influence the design of technically robust solutions.
- Relied upon as an expert in relevant technical subject areas. Able to identify, evaluate, and selecting new products and recommend new technologies or equipment being considered for use.
- Communicates well in cross-functional group settings. Excellent verbal and written skills to communicate details to cross-functional teams. Is able to communicate technical concepts in non-technical terms or in ways that are easy for others to understand.
- Establishes relationships with project managers and analysts. Presents alternative technical scenarios for consideration to resolve business issues.
- Participates in enterprise-level technical and architectural decision making.
- Provides leadership in proactively recognizing and resolving issues. Continually strives to improve customers technical infrastructure and make improvements in processes and practices.
- Assign tasks and monitors the work of less senior engineers. Supervises staff in absence of management.
- Develops and provides regular reporting to customer and management team.
- Maintains network security through installation, configuration, and maintenance of L2/L3 access controls, firewalls, etc.
- Works closely with the Information Security team to lock down critical resources and to monitor all systems for breaches.
- Maintains accurate network diagrams and associated documentation.
- Highly motivated, self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Strong understanding of industry-standard change control methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to design, document, test, and deploy complex network infrastructure.
- Desire and ability to learn new technologies
- Strong interpersonal, communication (both written and oral) and time management skills.
- Strong troubleshooting skills; candidates must be capable of analyzing and resolving complex technical problems.
- Ability to work with multiple project and work streams concurrently, with an ability to deliver work products on time and within budget.
- Ability to work on remote customer networks with no hands on capability.
- Routing including BGP, OSPF, EIGRP and Static Routing
- IP Addressing including VLSM, Subnetting and Network Summarization
- Switching including VLANs, LACP, 802.1Q, Spanning Tree
- MPLS management
- Site to site VPN
- Remote access VPN
- Packet Capture/Analysis
- Network Address Translation (NAT)
- Network Architecture/Design
- Understanding of Layered Security Architecture
- AWS or other Cloud deployment of infrastructure