The Intelligence group provides high-end systems engineering and integration products and services, data analytics and software development to national and military intelligence customers. Serving federal agencies and the Intelligence Community for more than 50 years, the Intelligence group helps our clients meet their mission needs by providing trusted advisors, leading-edge technologies, and innovative solutions.
The primary objective of this Intelligence Community contract is to provide integration and closure; foundational system engineering processes; mission assurance; service management; Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE); & Verification, Validation and Transition (VV&T) systems engineering and technical support services to an Intelligence Community customer that will enable it to execute its responsibilities efficiently and effectively while ensuring mission success.
The team is responsible for overseeing the acquisition-level closure of requirements; overseeing system level readiness events in support of enterprise, system and acquisition-level milestones; leading and supporting project planning; assessing schedule and risk; maintaining the document configuration management baseline; providing technical support for the planning and execution of enterprise and system-level verification, validation and transition activities for national assets; generating and presenting engineering briefings; and interfacing with numerous customers. Additionally, Perspecta is responsible for configuring, operating, and maintaining the customerâ€™s Systems Engineering business process tools as well as developing an integrated approach to implement Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE).
As part of the Readiness team, you will be responsible for conducting the Life Cycle Readiness Process for Infrastructure Services as well as System and Enterprise level Domain milestones. This Intelligence Community contract conducts detailed assessments of acquisition programs to support the design, development, and deployment of intelligence collection systems. Support will span all aspects of the project development lifecycle from upfront conception planning, to requirements construction, oversite of development contractors, test & inspection, and through operational deployment. Candidates will be aligned to one or more projects based on both assessing candidatesâ€™ skills and experience, and by understanding candidatesâ€™ career aspirations to ensure they are supporting a project that aligns to their career path.
GENERAL DUTIES OVERVIEW
- Primary area of responsible is to assist the government in determining the overall maturity of an acquisition at each stage of the Intelligence Community Lifecycle acquisition process
- Work directly with the customer developing readiness execution plans, entry and exit criteria, schedules, product review checklists and other products necessary to execute successful readiness reviews of new or modified capabilities/services for the enterprise and system.
- Plan, schedule, and lead weekly tag-up meetings for your assigned Independent Review Team (IRT) events.
- Operate Readiness management tool to support the identification, control, reporting, and auditing of review item discrepancies.
- Review IRT findings and develop initial recommendation for Government lead
- Draft initial out brief of team findings and coordinate with all appropriate stakeholders in advance of the final IRT deliverable
- Support closure activities to includes documenting decision memo, capture lessons learned, and track action and lien closure.
- May train new team members in the use of Readiness tools/Processes and the implementation of quality standards.
- Requires 2 to 5 years with BS/BA or 0 to 2 years with MS/MA/MBA or 8 to 10 years with no degree.
- Must have and maintain an active TS//SCI security clearance.
- Strong System Engineering or Systems Integration experience with knowledge of each step of the system engineering â€˜Vâ€™.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with senior government customers, keep all stakeholders informed, prioritize tasks, and vet priorities.
- Working knowledge of, and demonstrated experience with change management processes (e.g., RFC process).
- Strong analytical skills and ability to develop and recommend solutions for problems/issues.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Good customer teaming skills; ability to collaborate in cross-functional teams.
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Responsible and reliable; follow up on actions and the ability to multitask.
- Develop new process metrics for process improvement that help determine how well the overall process is working.
- Experience with GEOINT, SIGINT and/or COMM systems and overall space and ground architecture.
- Experience with core Systems Engineering Disciplines (Requirements, Schedule, Risk, Readiness, System Closure, VV&T, etc.).
- Familiarity with the Intelligence Community, and associated government agencies.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills, and ability to lead technical forums.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Tools.
- A passion for learning, helping others, sharing team knowledge, and contributing value to the mission in any way possible.
Active Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance