We are seeking a Senior Space Cryptographic Engineer to provide assistance to evaluate and certify the implementation, integration, and/or embedment of cryptography and cryptographic-related IA or IA-enabled Information Technology products (i.e., hardware, software, and firmware) being considered to be used by the Customer. The candidate will support senior leadership in technical discussions and evaluations, as well as, liaison support and promote effective communication between the Customer and external program offices and agencies. Crypto Engineers advocate on behalf of the Customer's programs to resolve programmatic and technical equipment issues involving the Customer's programs, IC Community, and military services.
- Working with government program offices, Customer managers, government agencies, and crypto vendors to process and track development activities and contract data requirements and to respond to related issues, queries and schedules.
- Assist the Government to coordinate with external offices - including but not limited to Intelligence Community Customers on High Assurance cryptographic development activities, cryptographic certification and related documentation submitted by development/engineering/integration contractors.
- Provide cryptographic engineering and design guidance to development contractors by developing and maintaining functional system and/or product specifications, reviewing technical CDRLs, participating in technical exchanges and design reviews with developers, and by assessing developers' technical trade recommendations and engineering change proposals.
- Track, review, and provide recommendations for relevant technology trends and capability needs in order to provide inputs and recommendations used for strategic planning of future cryptographic research priorities and development acquisitions and to assist in drafting strategic planning documents and outreach materials.
- 5 years of relevant IA Engineering experience.
- 5 years of space experience with Space GOE and AVE, cryptographic space algorithms, cryptographic embedment, and systems key management plans.
Active Top Secret/SCI with a CI Polygraph Security Clearance