The System Administrator is responsible for configuring, operating, and maintaining the customerâ€™s Systems Engineering business process tools to support processes to include configuration management, risk, issue and opportunity management, schedule management, architecture management, and requirements management and provides system administrator functions for the tools. The Digital Engineering Team also provides user training on systems engineering business process tools and has a large emphasis on identify opportunities to optimize systems and tool execution through automating processes, consolidating or migrating existing tools, and/or acquiring new tools.
- Assess user requirements; design and configure user interfaces; perform integration testing.
- The applicant will also perform system administration tasks supporting our cloud environment.
- Upgrades patches and migrations are just some of the tasks being performed.
- Designs, develops, evaluates and modifies systems and systems-oriented products.
- Gathers information concerning the capabilities of Company products; investigates the technical capabilities of Company products and competing equipment and/or solutions; stays abreast of developments in hardware and software; analyzes customer problems; assists in designing systems to satisfy customer needs.
- Researches, collects, and reports information on the ability and capacity of Company products and competitors.
- Coordinates resolution of product/service issues, upgrades, and problems. Prepares equipment analysis to instruct sales force and customers in equipment capabilities.
- Coordinates the planning, design, and installation of equipment, using knowledge of engineering and programming as well as sophisticated instruments and computers.
- Provides supervision of the customer installation of hardware and software.
- Conducts system calibrations after the hardware and software are installed and provides technical guidance.
- 8 years of experience
- Bachelorâ€™s Degree or may be substituted with the following;
- Masterâ€™s Degree and 6 years of experience
- PhD and 3 years of experience
- Experience evaluating and testing COTS software functionality.
- Experience with Windows 2016 and Red Hat Linux.
- Experience developing and troubleshooting work-flow.
- Experience identifying, researching, and testing alternative solutions.
- Experience with DB2.
- Experience with Installs/Upgrades / Automation / IaaS.
- Knowledge of Agile terminology, theories and best practices.
- Knowledge of Java and VBA
- Knowledge of IBM Collaborative Lifecycle Management (CLM) Tool Suite.
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS).
Active Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance