- The System Architect (SA) will work to achieve the objective of the customer organization.
- Design the overall architecture of the system to include the integrations with other systems while working with the management team, process engineers, developers, and testers to identify, analyze and define applications IT needs and solutions.
- Collaborate with process engineers and Service Providers to define and present solutions for application and interface enhancements, participate in technical exchanges to document requirements, and propose solutions for review, refinement and approval.
- Create user stories/requirements and provide detailed overviews during technical grooming sessions.
- Provide best use of Service Management tools and data management capabilities.
- Provide application consulting support for IT Service Management processes, such as Change Management, Incident Management, Configuration Management (CMDB), etc.; including the tailoring of software tools and the Implementation of data standards to achieve continuous improvement in these areas.
- Support application configuration and administration tools used to define and maintain meta data, setup and monitor automated processing and message reprocessing.
- Strong understanding of the database configuration.
- Provide on-going engineering support to maintain compliance with Agency IT regulations and governance for cyber security, information management, continuity of operations, and IT operations management.
- Provide support for deliverable documentation. The Systems Architect will have other duties as assigned by their government lead.
- Demonstrated skills and experience developing and maintaining IT contingency plans and SOPs to meet Agency regulations for IT resiliency and continuity of operations.
- Demonstrated experience preparing program documentation such as Concept of Operations and materials for Technical Exchange Meetings.
- Demonstrated experience in active participation in multiple customer forums to discuss strategy, architecture, policy roadmaps, key process, dependencies, interoperability, technology, and governance.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience evaluating new technologies and supporting software to make recommendations for architectural enhancements that will approve the capabilities of existing enterprise service suites. Demonstrated experience with the AGILE methodology and ability to create clear, concise user stories with acceptance criteria
- Familiarity with enterprise service management systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of applying ITIL principals
- 12 years of experience (1 year supporting the Intelligence Community)
- Bachelor's Degree or may be substituted with the following;
- Master's Degree and 10 years of experience
- PhD and 7 years of experience
- Service Now Certification (Certified Implementation Specialist (CIS); or obtain the certification within several months or so of accepting the job.
Active Top Secret/SCI with a Full-Scope Polygraph Security Clearance