- Establishes and maintains configuration and data management policies and procedures to be utilized by department personnel and other participating functions to ensure a standard and cost-effective approach to the application of configuration and data management requirements.
- Analyzes changes to product specifications to determine the effect on the end product and determines and prepares documentation necessary for change control.
- Designs and establishes configuration management documentation. Authorizes the release of drawings, schedules and system configuration changes specified by management and other functional groups through the Request For Change process.
- Operates configuration management tools to support configuration identification, control, reporting, and auditing.
- Performs configuration management and release engineering tasks to ensure new configuration management baseline operating parameters are documented, comply with standard configurations, and are logistically sustainable.
- May develop configuration standards for company-wide use. May train requirement engineers in the use of configuration management tools and the implementation of CM quality standards.
- May provide guidance to less experienced employees. Works with standard commercial software products used for configuration management (e.g. DOORS, JSMART, etc.)
The individual selected for this position will support the Customer's organization responsible for operational and continuity risk management. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Perform Risk Assessments of IT activities prior to implementation into the operational environment.
- Identify anomalies with Change Requests and Activities and collaborate with partners and/or service providers to investigate and resolve them.
- Maintain the internal Standard Operating Procedures for the Risk Assessment process.
- Develop and maintain continuity policy awareness and implementation resources for IT service providers.
- Assist in reviewing and updating internal policy and instructions based on lessons learned, IT resiliency goals, and anticipated migration of processes to the next generation enterprise ITIL and next generation cybersecurity assessment and authorization tools.
- Update the internal repository of IT continuity attributes based on new artifacts.
- Produce Business Impact Analysis reports for IT systems and services.
- Conduct and produce assessments of NIST SP 800-53 rev 4 cybersecurity controls in the Contingency Planning family.
- Conduct and produce assessments of IT system contingency artifacts against established evaluation criteria.
- Manage the internal queue of requests from service providers.
- Produce metrics reports. Maintain and evolve internal Standard Operating Procedures for all policy processes.
- Support meetings with service providers as necessary.
- Requirements analysis and support for the migration of processes into the next generation ITIL and cybersecurity assessment and authorization tools.
- Identify process improvement opportunities.
- Support Program Management activities as required.
- Collaborate with IT resiliency partners to advance collective goals.
- Participate in lessons learned activities; Develop strategies to reinforce positive lessons and avoid counterproductive lessons.
- Provide regular status reports to branch and division management.
- Provide SharePoint Site Collection Administrator (SCA) support.
- 10 years of experience
- Bachelor's Degree or may be substituted with the following;
- Master's Degree and 8 years of experience
- PhD and 7 years of experience
- Working knowledge of the Sponsor and Federal Government IT continuity/disaster recovery policies, guidance, directives, and regulations.
- ITIL Foundations certification.
- Working knowledge of the larger Sponsor organization.
Active Top Secret/SCI with a Full-Scope Polygraph Security Clearance