We are seeking a Redhat Linux Enterprise System Administrator for the Defense Stockpile Management System (DSMS) including Nuclear Management Information System (NUMIS), Defense Integration and Management of Nuclear Data Services (DIAMONDS), Joint Application Design Environment (JADE) and DIAMONDS Accountability Training System (DATS) projects for the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) located in Albuquerque, NM.
- Provide analysis, integration, documentation, testing and implementation of Enterprise equipment configured for use by the DSMS community.
- Perform system patches, upgrades, configuration, troubleshooting and documentation of equipment required to maintain the environments.
- Work with the Virtual Environment System administrators in the development, integration testing and installation of virtual servers.
- Assist with configuration management of MDT images and virtual environments.
- Diagnoses and resolves hardware and network problems.
- Administers hardware backup and recovery procedures.
- Plan and implement system security activities
- 3 years of experience providing enterprise system administration support
- Associate's Degree or may be substituted with an additional year of expereince
- IAT level II certification (Security plus) required Certification
- Related System Administration Computing Environment (CE) certification
- Working knowledge of Red Hat Linux environment
- Knowledge of Windows Operating Systems
- System administration of RHEL with ability to integrate into LDAP Active Directory services
- Experience with DISA STIGs and security hardening best practices for RHEL
- Experience with Tenable security solutions Nessus and Security Center preferred
- Knowledge of how to create and manage CA certificates within RHEL
- Experience with Ansible preferred
- Knowledge of virtualization specific to VMware vSphere suite is a bonus
- Advanced skills in problem solving
- Advanced skills in communicating effectively, both orally and in technical writing
- Ability to work effectively independently as well as within a team environment
Active Top Secret Security Clearance