We are seeking a Program Manager (DevOps SME) to support an Intelligence Community client.
- Full project life cycle ownership: successful project delivery will include full implementation from initiation to deployment for one major or several minor initiatives simultaneously
- Manage scope and change requests to ensure customer satisfaction while staying within contract terms
- Manage all aspects of multiple IT projects across several customers to ensure the overall program is aligned to and directly supports the achievement of strategic objectives
- Report on project success criteria results, metrics, test and deployment management activities; provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverable, dependencies, risks and issues, communicating across leadership
- Prepare estimates and detailed project plan for all phases of projects
- Manage the day-to-day project activities and resources, acts as escalation point for issues and expected to create and execute remediation strategies
- Understand interdependencies between technology, operations and business needs
- Participate and/or drive feasibility studies, vendor selections and proposals for evaluation by appropriate key stakeholders
- Act as an internal quality control check for the project
- Identify and develop trusted adviser relationship with project and program stakeholders, sponsors and university stakeholders
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project and program team
- Deliver appropriate and effective executive level communication
- Proven success in providing on-site leadership for project team by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones
- Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence
- Coordinate between the business and technical teams to act as a liaison and translator for both parties
- Work closely with data scientists, data engineers, data product engineers, infrastructure engineers, network engineers, security engineers, and software developers to integrate and stand up analytics operating environments.
- Architect and set up high-availability infrastructure services for production data science and analytics environments.
- Automate the build-test-deploy lifecycle for a wide variety of data science and analytics applications and services.
- Use AWS and Microsoft Azure cloud services to enable high-performance computing (e.g., AWS EMR) and create standard virtual machine (e.g., EC2) instances.
- Automate and configure software using configuration management tools, such as Ansible, Terraform, or Puppet.
- Explore, evaluate, and implement a wide variety of open source and commercial data analysis and visualization technologies, such as Tableau, Qlik, Superset, and Metabase.
- Develop best practices on operational processes in a DevOps environment to efficiently deliver data science and analytics applications and services.
- Design and evaluate IT and analytics architectures based on discussions and research with product owners and users, intuition, and an understanding of the desired outcomes of a requested solution.
- Establish an awareness and understanding of technical constraints, resources, and opportunities, such as cost, speed to market, scalability, security, and operational constraints within the federal government.
- Demonstrated capability in managing very large multi-task contracts of this scope and complexity.
- Demonstrated experience working with multiple prime Contractors in a "one-team" environment.
- Experience across numerous engineering disciplines.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities through prior experience working with senior management to find solutions for customers and leading teams performing IT software development, engineering or architecture-related tasks.
- Experience leading DevOps programs or implementation efforts.
- 10 years of experience in IT operations and sustainment, customer support for systems, applications and operational services
- Bachelor's Degree in STEM or related major
Active Top Secret/SCI with a Full-Scope Polygraph Security Clearance