We are looking for a Windows Administrator to monitor and respond to complex hardware and software problems. The candidate is responsible for interfacing with vendor support service groups to escalate during outages or periods of degraded system performance. The candidate performs system-level design and configuration of products to include determining hardware, OS, and other platform specifications. They will monitor report and respond to ACAS vulnerabilities. The candidate will package and deploy windows updates and third-party updates via SCCM 2012 to Windows Workstations and Serves. They will respond to and resolve Tier 3 tickets. The candidate will also manage and implement Active Directory accounts and Group Policy Objects. This is a heterogenous Active Directory environment in multiple enclaves.
- Monitor and analyze system logs and audits.
- Analyze system failures and provide corrective action.
- Execute centralized management of campus area workstations.
- Maintain patch compliance of servers and workstations.
- Develop and maintain documentation and diagrams.
- Install and configure various commercial products on Windows operating systems.
- Coordinate and collaborate with various IT and non-IT groups.
- Present complex technical information to non-technical groups.
- Perform research and development on new technology.
- Monitor trouble tickets and provide appropriate resolution.
- Conduct security audits for enterprise regulatory accreditations.
- Occasionally provide weekend and on-call support.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server and Workstation
- Experience with MS Active Directory
- Experience with MS SCCM
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- 3 years of experience directly related in a systems administration related field providing support and issue resolution
- Any Relevant Microsoft Certification (MCSA, MCSE, MTA, ect) or Server+ Certification
- Hands on experience with Microsoft SCCM; specifically, with WSUS integration, SCCM OSD or WDS OSD services, Application Packaging and Deployment, creation & administration of custom task sequences, and patch deployment and compliance monitoring
- Experience scripting with Powershell
- Experience with MS SQL
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking
- Exposure to DoD Information Assurance
- Active IAT Level II Certifications (Security+CE, CCNA-Security, CSA+, GICSP, GSEC, CASP CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP, GCED, GCIH) Preferred
Active Top Secret Security Clearance